Check Out Limits
In most cases, a maximum 100 items may be checked out on a library card. The Batesville Memorial Public Library also enforces the following material check out limits:
- Only 10 may be DVDs
- Only 10 may be CDs
- Only 1 may be a Mobile Hotspot
Further limits and/or restrictions may apply to Mobile Hotspots. Please see our Mobile Hotspot Policy for details.
The table below lists the overdue fines that are charged by type of item. This list is subject to change without notice, so please call 812-934-4706 for the most current amount.
Overdues and Lost Items
- If a borrower owes more than $10 in fees, they are blocked at ALL Evergreen libraries until the fine is cleared up.
- Email notices will be sent 3 days before the item is due and on the day it is due.
- If you lose an item, you will be charged the cost of the item plus a $10 processing fee. No refunds will be given for the lost items if they are later found.
- Bill notices will be sent 45 days after an item is due. The borrower is then responsible for paying the price of the item, overdue fees, and a $10 processing fee.
- After 60 days, the borrower is sent to collections and a $10 collection fee is attached to the account.
Please Note: Overdue notices are sent as a courtesy. Failure to receive notices does not exempt patrons from the payment of overdue fees.
|Type of Material||Loan Period||Limit on Card||Renew||Fine per Day|
|Books & Audiobooks||21 days||100||Yes||$0.25|
|Music on CD||21 days||10||Yes||$0.25|
|NEW Books & Audiobooks||14 days||100||Yes||$0.25|
|NEW Music on CD||14 days||10||Yes||$0.25|
|CURRENT ISSUE Magazines||Non-Circulating||Non-Circulating||Non-Circulating||Non-Circulating|
|Ukulele Kits||21 days||1||Yes||$0.25|
|Mobile Hotspots||7 days||Must be a resident of BMPL library district, must have state issued ID||No||$5.00|